My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

It really is not at all important that you know much about me, but it is really important that you know Jesus Christ.............. I mean, really know Jesus, so much so that you have accepted the gift of salvation that He wants to give you.................. If you do not have this kind of relationship with Jesus yet, please click on my photo above and you will be linked to my profile, there you will find several other blogs that I write.... Go to the Blog entitled "How to be sure you are saved" .......... My desire is simply this, to provide the Word of God as a devotional. The studies are (and will continue to be) rich in scripture while my own personal comments are minimal. I pray for God to lead us as to what we will study each time. We invite you to study and pray together with us........... May God richly bless each and everyone who comes here to study and pray together.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

GOD's Call to Youth


Youth of the World come to Jesus

"But aren't youth too young to do anything great for God?"
In every age God has called youth to do a special work for Him. He told Jeremiah, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; before you were born I sanctified you; and I ordained you a prophet to the nations."
Keenly aware of his inexperience, Jeremiah replied, "Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth."

But the Lord answered, "Do not say, 'I am a youth,' for you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you" (Jer. 1:5-7).

God has a plan for your life as surely as He did for Jeremiah's. The same Word which made Jeremiah fearless in the face of imprisonment and persecution will strengthen you to accomplish the task He gives you.
God asks only for a willing, believing heart.

Do you believe He has called you to a special work for Him?

Are you willing to follow Him wherever He might lead?

"What if God asks me to do something difficult?"
This is a me-centered question that all of us ask! But let's take our minds off ourselves, and reflect on the life of Jesus.

Did God ask Him to do something difficult in sending Him to save us?

As we look at the early years of Jesus, we find His childhood was like ours. He didn't tell His friends tales about the glories of heaven, because He didn't remember heaven.

The Bible tells us He was "made like his brethren" (Heb. 2:17).
As He "increased in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and men" (Luke 2:52), His knowledge of His heavenly Father grew because of His study of the Bible.

He was blessed with a wonderful mother, who chose to home-school her son, teaching Him valuable lessons from Scripture.
His early years were difficult, for He often endured the ridicule of His brothers and neighbor children, who taunted Him for not joining in their sinful practices. To them His example had to be a constant rebuke.
Just how much Mary told Jesus of the miracle of His birth we don't know. We do know He didn't understand His Father's purpose for His life until His twelfth year. For the first time, He joined His parents and other Israelites in their once-a-year trip to Jerusalem for the Passover feast.

At the temple He questioned the Jewish rabbis about the coming Messiah. Having studied Daniel, He knew the Messiah's coming was near. As He watched a priest slay a perfect young lamb on the altar and saw its blood trickle down the side, it dawned on Him--He must be "the Lamb of God" that would take away the sin of the world. He must be the Sacrifice to which all the sacrifices pointed. His death must be the first "real" death in the history of the universe--a "second death" with no hope of resurrection (in Luke 8:52 Jesus refers to the first death as sleep).

His young heart must have been rent with anguish as He realized that Someone must bear the sins of the whole world (Isa. 53:6). What was lost "in Adam"--the salvation of all mankind--He must redeem in Himself (Rom. 5:18). But the Father did not force Him; at the age of 12 Jesus chose voluntarily to die for us. Why?

His heavenly Father had given Him up in love--a gift to the human race forever. No wonder He later said in His ministry, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son . . ." (John 3:16).

You are invited to visit the Church that I attend.